Xiaomi unveiled its Galaxy Z Fold 4 competitor, the Mix Fold 2, and Motorola announced the Moto X30 Pro (AKA Motorola Edge 30 Ultra). We’ve now opened forum pages fo these devices to give buyers and enthusiasts a place for discussions, third-party development, mods, and more. In addition, we’ve opened a forum page for the mid-range Poco F4. If you can’t imagine using Android without root access, you’ve come to the right place.
- SuperSU is an Android App that will help you root your device.
- XiaoMiTool V2 is an unofficial tool for managing Xiaomi phones.
- We hope this guide will help you install custom ROMs on any Android phone using the ADB sideload command.
POCO’s beginnings echoed that of OnePlus, and the POCO F1 brought on board some of the same qualities that people had loved on the OnePlus One. Now, as was done with the Redmi brand, Xiaomi has announced that POCO will now operate as its own independent brand.
In this post, I’m going to reveal how this process can be done. To install this Ported ROM in POCO F1, you have to do these two processes first. Her love story with Android started in 2009 and has been going stronger with every update, device, tip, app, and game. She lives in France, speaks three languages and a half, and watches a stock firmware file lot of TV series. The F1 has no NFC and its LTE bands are limited though, so it won’t appeal to those who absolutely require these two features, but that’s Xiaomi’s stance for now. It’s leaving part of the market on the table for others to exploit, though I doubt this will go on for long.
Therefore, if you want to try the Android Stock experience, Android 9 Pie and maybe even the new Google Camera app on your Xiaomi Poco F1, below is download link and installation guide. Currently, the device comes with Android 8.1 Oreo-based MIUI 9.6 out of the box. However, the device was spotted on Geekbench running Android 9.0 Pie.
- It offers the same AOSP experience that’s exclusive to Google’s lineup, along with truly tested features.
- It just got updated to Android 10 with support for several smartphones ranging from the latest flagships to the outdated ones.
- I have personally tested almost all the ROMs listed below on my Redmi K20 Pro, Poco F1, and Mi A1.
- We were obviously not expecting Note 9-like levels of design refinement, but the F1 falls short compared to competitors in its price range, and even some cheaper alternatives.
- They provide loads of customisation options compared to the Stock ROM.
Google officially rolled out Android 10 back in September last year. Since then, Xiaomi has rolled out MIUI 11 based on Android 10 for a couple of devices, including the Redmi K20 Pro, Mi 9, Redmi K20, Redmi Note 7, and more. While the company did release MIUI 11 for the popular POCO F1 back in November last year, the build was based on Android 9 Pie. Late last year, Xiaomi released the kernel sources of the Android 10 update for the POCO F1, Mi MIX 2s, Mi MIX 3, and the Mi 8 series.